This is my best “basic” muffin recipe. It is fun to turn this basic batch into two or three different creations. Pure bliss – 3 different muffins in one simple baking session.
- * ½ cup butter
- * ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour mix
- 2 tsp baking powder (yes I double this to 1 big heaping tbsp)
- mix for a minute and half
This is the time to get creative! Separate the dough into two or three equal portions and add your favorite – just be sure if you add more liquid to equal that with the same amount of flour mix. I bake in mini muffin tins to maximize the chewy texture. 350 for about 15-20 min depending on your oven.
I’ve had good luck with the following additions;
1. fresh or frozen blueberries – the best!
2. zest and juice of 1 orange + ¼ cup flour mix + ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
3. zest and juice of 1 lemon + 2 tbsp flour mix + frozen raspberries
4. diced apple and sunflower seeds
Have Fun incorporating your favorite!